Google

 

 

 

 

Daily Wisdom

 

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Father Mychal F. Judge OFM - "The Fireman's Friar"


Father Mychal F. Judge, OFM
Chaplain to the New York City Fire Department
[born Robert Emmet Judge on May 11, 1933; died September 11, 2001]
.
Died in the Lord's Service.
.
"God Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change…
the Courage to change the things that I can …
And the Wisdom to know the difference."
.
On the other side was a prayer that Judge had written.
.
"Lord, take me where You want me to go
Let me meet who You want me to meet
And keep me out of Your way."
~ Father Mychal Judge, OFM
.
Father Mychal F. Judge, OFM was a busy Franciscan priest who dedicated his life to serving God's people. He is known for his work with the homeless, recovering addicts, AIDS patients, and his work as chaplain to the New York City Fire Department.
.
On September 11, 2001, Father Mychal rushed from the friary at Saint Francis of Assisi Church to the scene of the World Trade Center attacks.
.
After administering last rites to a firefighter, Father Mychal was hit by debris and killed. He became the first officially recorded fatality following the attack.
.
During his life, Father Mychal spent much of his time ministering to the homeless on the Breadline at St. Francis of Assisi Church in New York City. This is one of the many places where he found God - in the hurting, the broken, the suffering, and the poor.
.
His dedication to homeless men, women and children has become a calling to us that manifests itself as Mychal's Message.
.
FOR THREE CLERGYMEN: THE ULTIMATE TEST OF FAITH
.
http://www.mychalsmessage.org/index.htm
.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mychal_F._Judge
.
Film: Saint of 9/11
.
The Serenity Prayer

1 Comments:

Anonymous Bobbi said...

You left out the third line of the poem "Tell me what you want me to say, and""

8/24/2013 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

 

Every single person and every single creature that is alive today on this Earth

- August 24, 2008 til around the year 2880 will all be dead when January 1, 3000 happens.

What do I know:

- I don't even know exactly how many generations of people that is.

- I have absolutely no idea what the terrain will look like then,

and I know that most things occurring today,

and for quite awhile from now, will not matter

or even be remembered by those alive then.

Will they even have books?

What can happen within the approx span of 1000 years or so?

- The Roman Empire lasted approx 851 years. [625BC-476AD]

- The Pilgrim exploring party went ashore at Plymouth in America [1620] approx 388 years ago.

- The Nazi Party Ruled approx. 12 years [1933-1945]

- The Titanic took 2 hours and 40 minutes for her to sink. [11:40pm:14th-2:20am:15th April 1912]

- There is active Christian discussion on this being the latter day

- the time being at hand -

that indicates that somewhere in this clock

the prophecied tribulation could happen.

Would I be worthy?

- 10 out of 10 people do not leave this world alive.

- Somewhere in the time of this clock I'll be leaving here,

just like others I have known have already left.

- I know that spirits exist.

Do I know where those I have known are in spirit - no.

But I know that they are alive in the Lord's heart.

I know that He knows just where they are.

I hope and pray that they are ok.

In His heart I know and believe that they are.

- I believe in the promises of Christ, and know that I am ok.

What do you know?

 

 

Note: I have certain items from Bravenet.com like Guestbook, free links, etc. I do not have control over the banner or pop-up advertisements that appear on the sites of these items. I am dismayed at some of the content of the advertisements, but with limited ministry funds it isn't always practical to upgrade in order to remove them. My plan is to only upgrade as needed.

 

 

 

. A pay-it-forward production.

This page was last modified:

 

 

Le Niche Ministries ... A Non-Denominational - Bible Promoting - Ministry